July 09, 2024

What’s in a Name?

 


This blog is a pre-thinking activity, assigned by Vaidehi ma’am, in which we have to answer a few questions. You can check out her blog here for more information - Teacher’s Blog



1. What is your name? What is the meaning of it?

My name is Bhumi. It means the Earth.


2. What qualities commonly linked with your name do you believe reflect your attributes? 

Qualities like Stability, Strength, Patience and Empathy are often attributed with my name. But one quality that I often try to cultivate in myself is the ability of Acceptance. Earth accepts everyone without any judgement and I try my best to do the same. 


3. Why do you think the name is important? 

Our name it’s important as it becomes a symbol of our identity. It makes communication simple and easy. Overtime it becomes an inseparable part of people’s identity and they form an emotional connection with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight’s Children

  ‘Midnight’s Children’ by Salman Rushdie is a seminal work of postcolonial literature, blending magical realism with historical narrative. ...